Powered By Blogger

9.28.2005

just asthma

But doctor they told me it was just asthma,
the atopic wheeze and mucus laden lungs I have lived with all my life
how can this be?
how can death be so close, they told me it was just asthma!

The tears doctor,
I shed them in anger
each one for the lost days ahead
for the ruined memories
and those I will leave behind.

But doctor they told me my heart was healthy,
strong as an ox, beating on like the drums during the rage of battle,
keeping the pace for eternity, locked in this chest below the shrapnel of war.

How can death be so close doctor,
why did they not tell me in No'Orleans,
I told them it wasn't asthma
and that steroids were not the cure.

Why doctor? Why?
I should have been a better patient,
I should have told them so!
No doctor I will not give up,
I will never give up, I am not a lost cause,
but doctor, they told me it was just asthma!