Powered By Blogger

9.21.2006

infusion

Telling you that death is near
has been by far
the most challenging task.
I had hoped to express
how my mind
festers in this scene
amongst the glow of the sterile living.

Could I tell you that the medicine is killing you,
that the electric waves of pain
will only be magnified by the "treatment"
I have to offer(infuse).

Could you breath easier
knowing that you could drift
slowly-yet-peacefully
into the darkness
if you only let me walk away.

Life is nothing in this place:
we are merely decaying cells
of clinical interest
and medical education.

I know I am being selfish
hoping you would see the world
through my tainted lens.

Yet, it is fear
that truly drives me to this end;
praying to an unknown diety
to take you
from their hope.

For if my mind
far more than my body
were to escape
my control
I would loose the reigns
and slip into that darkness
that I dream will bring peace.